Thursday, November 25, 2010
Got this dress a while ago from Neiman Marcus Last Call, and wore it to a few dances... it's really fun, though my mother did comment that it looks like an Olympic figure skating dress.
Thursday, October 7, 2010
Not that I go to lots of parties, but if I had a dress like this one, I figure the parties would find me!
2. Over-the-knee tights and socks: insanely cute and leg-lengthening - what's not to love?
3. a leopard-print coat (a la Brigitte Bardot)
Incidentally, it happens to be Thanksgiving today, so a big Happy Thanksgiving! to my American readers!
4. opulent flapper-style dress (drop-waist, fringe, perhaps some beading)
5. various boots: Victorian-style lace-up boots (see above, left), over-the-knee boots, and ankle boots
Monday, September 27, 2010
You know that old Runaways song?
Yeah, I saw the Dakota Fanning movie, too.
Sunday, August 22, 2010
Tuesday, July 6, 2010
And I accessorized with my favorite gold anchor necklace from Tiffany's, some vintage gold hoop earrings, my white Toywatch, and my Marc Jacobs Lola solid perfume ring. That thing weighs a hundred pounds.
Monday, June 14, 2010
*I suppose this is my cue to remind everyone to wear sunscreen to prevent skin cancer and whatnot, but I hold the belief that those warnings really only speak to a fraction of the population and it's rather ethnocentric to disregard evolutionary differences between people and their natural defences against the sun. But, you know, don't go getting skin cancer or anything - for many of us, the safest thing to do is slather on that SPF 50.
Okay, sorry for that but it's really all I've got. Thankfully I survived all the tests (am taking one class for credit over the summer but that hardly counts... right?) and now I'm here to post pics and outfits for you that are BETTER THAN EVER.
Because I'm finally revealing my top-super-secret-take-it-to-the-grave identity on DSMG! That's right, you'll all be seeing my gorgeous face in a few hours. That is, if you visit the site. (Don't expect me to show up on your doorstep, darling!)
Stay tuned for my swear-to-god-I'm-not-lying-this-time debut!
Wednesday, March 10, 2010
But the real reason that I haven't been able to put up pictures is that I've been so busy preparing for my trip to Paris! I'm leaving tomorrow and I've been SO excited. I can't wait to visit adorable shops like Agnes B., APC, or... Chanel. Of course, shopping in Paris is rather unreasonable, especially compared to prices in America, but I do hope to come back with a few nice pieces to remember the trip by! It will be my second trip to Paris and I'll be sure (I promise) that I'll post pictures and tell you all about it when I return on Sunday!
Of course, I can't speak French at ALL but I hope to have a great trip anyway (perhaps I can get a cute French tutor to help me... haha).
I really must go, but rest assured that I will tell you all about the trip when I get back! Hope you all have a lovely time wherever you are!
Saturday, February 27, 2010
I am just TOO excited, so I decided to write a quick post.
Here's what I'm excited about:
1. new Wolford knee-high tights (they work over-the-knee, too, which is just too cool) in a black Honeycomb
2. new tiny metallic pink kooba purse with a long, long chain that makes me want to go out and party (long chain purse = party?)
3. new dresses - I have 3 new dresses that I've never even worn
4. the first edition copy of Gentlemen Prefer Blondes (the novel) that I bought on Tuesday and was printed in 1925
5. the dream that I had last night. Can't remember what happened but there was a waterfall, a pool, a hotel, and a really really high terrace in some jungle. I'm pretty sure a group of people and I were spying on somebody, too.
6. Kim Yuna's outfits (watch the Olympics, anyone?)! That girl is the bomb, and her one-shouldered LBD for her short program went perfectly with how awesome she is.
Vintage Treasures Part II is coming up soon, so stay tuned for that! And thank you to all my new readers - and my old ones! I love and cherish you ALL.
Sunday, February 21, 2010
Yes, it is finally time. I promised you a vintage post a long, long ago. But this is going to be a two-part series because I went out and bought more.
Sunday, February 7, 2010
So about the tights. Where I am right now, the weather's been about 50 degrees Fahrenheit, which is perfect for tights with dresses and skirts, in my opinion. I've been wearing tights more than jeans lately and I'm loving it! I'm wearing tights as I'm posting this...
Anyway, I've picked up a few pairs from Juicy Couture, and they're shimmery! (I know, right?)
Worn with a new Juicy dress
Amazing new ring from Intermix and vintage hammered silver bracelet
Yes, that's the kitchen in the background. Thought I'd do something new... and it was dark out.
Monday, January 4, 2010
A gorgeous Nanette Lepore top worn with a Leifsdottir skirt, paired with my favorite gold Kate Spade heels and Juicy Couture clutch
Please be kind and ignore my lovely tanlines, darlings.
There's more to come of the 2009/2010 DSMG Holiday Recap!
Until next time,