Friday, May 1, 2009

Tutu Cute!







Nothing new has really happened, so I decided to dedicate this post to something we all know and love (or maybe it's just me):
Tulle.
As in tutus. And veils. Yes, I think they're fabulous. Tutus are so very feminine, and at the same time extremely fun. I mean, you can find girls in London subways wearing them with ripped tights and Converse low-tops, and it's still completely adorable. I find that what's best about them is how stereotyped they are. That material - tulle - is associated so strongly with girly-girls (ballerinas, old-fashioned movie stars, debutantes) that it's perfect for juxtaposition. Like what I was saying earlier, with the punky English girl, if you put tulle next to something tough, maybe masculine, like a leather jacket or gray jeans, it looks indisputably cool, simply because it's unexpected and unique in an eye-catching way.
I wish I had tulle in my closet- I don't have any. I'd love a tutu or something... I'd dress up and take photos, most likely. Or just hang it up and look at it loving. Because that's the kind of gal I am.
(About the picutures: the first one is a Betsey Johnson dress, the second, I don't know, the third, or course, is Marilyn Monroe in a tutu, and the last is an Alice and Olivia dress.)
xoxo,
SMG

5 comments:

Anastasia-Rose said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Hey! If you dont look on my channel under the comments then in response to how much you put on: a little more than a quarter size dot for each leg. Quarter size for each arm. I'm glad I could help you :)
BTW: love tutus. wish they were everyday style.

Anastasia-Rose

Alex_stedman said...

I love this post! It's really interesting and I loved the detail... I never really thought about tulle before. You're so fashion-forward. Great writing style.

juheenuna said...

Gina, just sent you an e-mail to your gmail account. Please check it, and let me know.

juheenuna said...

Hey, just sent you another e-mail with our weekend plan drafted. Let me know what you think.