Tuesday, May 19, 2009

What I'm Loving Lately - I Adore May?

I know it's been way too long - and I feel awful.

So I'm giving you a quick update on what I've been into lately... Quick because I'm still really really busy (finals much?).



Tea

I mean English tea, really. I know my trip to London was, like, a million years ago, but I really fancy drinking afternoon tea (around 4, actually) - with half a teaspoon of sugar and some milk.






Nature-Inspired Jewelry

Did you know I love Peter Pan? I don't remember if I mentioned it (it's really been while). But I do. And for some reason, I adore leaf- or branch-motif jewelry because of this (he lives in the woods, wears leaves for clothes). Okay, does this reasoning sound silly? I'll try again.
I love how artsy but simple these pieces are. They're very stylish, but still so natural, and a lovely sort of effortless.


Star Trek
No, I'm not a Trekkie, but this movie is fantastic for just about everyone. Think this movie is just for 40-year-old nerds who live in their moms' basements? No. It's for people just like you. Didn't you wonder why they made Captain Kirk so hot?


This Picture
Saw it today in an old Vanity Fair... fell in love. I don't actually watch Gossip Girl, but obviously I know who Blake Lively is. I KNOW I wrote about tulle last time, but this just looks so graceful and glamorous. I love how she's wearing an enormous Versace couture dress and hasn't got her shoes on, and the fact that her face is rather blank makes it seem much more candid and less "Say cheese!" I just find this photo inspiring.
And do I adore May?
Sort of. I mean, it's a lovely time of year, nice weather and all. And it's almost summer! But there's FINALS, like I said. So it's a love-hate relationship, really.
xoxo,
SMG
P.S.
There's a hint at one other thing I'm loving in the title. Actually, I'm obsessed. Can you guess it? (Okay, there's no way most of you'd ever guess it, but can you get close?)
P.P.S.
That really wasn't quick at all, was it?

1 comment:

Alex_stedman said...

Hey Gina, I LOVE May, well because it is my birthday! Anyway I have no idea what the etra thing is that you are loving...? I mean maybe it is that William Moesly dude...? haha, idk! :P