Sunday, March 29, 2009

An Impromtu Fashion Show

So last night I went to a fashion show with my parents. It was no big, we didn't have anything to do that evening so we decided we'd check it out. It was just a little promotion deal, with models wearing clothes from the stores displayed (Neiman Marcus, Louis Vuitton, St. Thomas, Intermix, Calypso). It was an RSVP event, but we've got connections (*wink*).

I wanted to take some pictures for you guys, but spaced and left my camera at home. Sorry :(

Anyway, it was cute, held outside with appetizers and things like that. The clothes were okay... lots of resort-type dresses from Calypso, leather fringe-covered vests from Intermix, and Chanel bags from Neiman's. There was some food, and live music afterwards. But while we were down there, in the street (that had been closed off) between two blocks of stores like Juicy Couture, Ralph Lauren, Intermix, and Diesel, I noticed that between the window displays and the clothes worn on the runway, there was a lot of white.

St. Thomas's evening dresses were all white, RL's window displays (all Black, Blue, and Purple Label) were all white, and most of the Calypso dresses were white. Maybe this is old news for you guys, but it was the first I'd seen of it. I've always associated white with winter or maybe summer, never spring. But whatever. White's cool, sure.


xoxo,
SMG

P.S.
I guess spontaneity is the thing this week!

No comments: